This very spacious and luxurious room is located on the first floor above the ambalama. It has expansive views of the surrounding tropical, palm-filled landscape and some glimpses of the sea between the trees, from generous verandah balconies that encircle the pavilion. Its elevated location also allows it to capture the prevailing sea breezes.
The suite is very large with an integrated bedroom and sitting area. It has high ceilings with deep detailed arched timber beams and tall shuttered bi-fold doors and windows folding open onto the verandah. Its semi-circular fanlight and clerestory windows ensure a high level of filtered light prevails within the room complementing its character and style.
The suite is furnished in a colonial hunting lodge theme, with hand carved timber screens & bedside tables, a built-in writing desk, antiques and original art, a large wardrobe, super king-size hand carved, Indian, four-poster bed with turned posts and mosquito net, a three piece comfortable lounge, ample lamps and a coffee table. It also has a safe, air conditioner, Wi-Fi, cable television and DVD player.
Additionally, there is a small kitchenette with tea and coffee making facilities, a microwave oven, small fridge and kitchenware. The large luxurious bathroom has a separate toilet, large walk-in shower and a free-standing, two-person bath. The fittings are contemporary, high quality polished stainless steel and a mix of natural materials including quartzite stone cladding on the walls and hand hammered granite stone paved floors.
Terms & Conditions
- Rates are valid 30th November 2020 and subject to change thereafter
- All rates are in US $. This include basic room rate, Breakfast,10% Service charge. Additional $ 20 will be charged for a person when apply for half board and it will be $ 35 for full board
- All rooms are non smoking
- We are happy to welcome families with children. But maximum 2 young children allowed in any group booking, exception being in the case of full property rental (This is so ensure a peaceful stay for other guests) For children under 10 free accommodation and breakfast. Baby cot is free.
- Maximum two guests in each Poolside pavilion, Grand Suite and Cave room and maximum seven guests in the Bungalow. Although an extra single bed can be provided if discussed in advance.Extra charge for children 11 to 17 years of old-is US $ 30, including breakfast. Extra charge for additional adult 18 years and above is US $ 40, including breakfast
- Supplementary cost of vehicle transport from Bandaranayake International Airport to Sergeant House : US $ 100 per van/ car each way
- Check-out time 1200 hrs mid day, and check-in time is from 1400 hrs. Late check out time can be arranged at the management discretion.
- Sergeant House has three up stairs rooms and a flight of steps at the main entrance. We are therefore not fully accessible to the handicapped.
- Clients take full responsibility for their own safety on the premises. This includes during use of swimming pool and with children at the lily pond.
Confirmation of bookings
- Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to arrival will be charged at 50% of the total cost
- Cancellations received between 1-14 days prior to arrival date will incur a charge of 100% of the total cost.
- No-shows and stays that are cut short will incur a 100% cancellation fee on the full room rate for the entire period booked.