The Sergeant’s Bungalow
The bungalow has three comfortable bedrooms (with 4 beds in total) and is rented as a full unit for friends and family groups. It features its own private fountain garden and entry onto deeply shaded verandahs roofed with original handmade clay tiles and supported by Tuscan columns. The verandahs are furnished with casual cushioned chairs, coffee tables and a bookcase. Paired doors open directly on the opposite side of the bungalow to reveal an internal courtyard with a granite fountain and small garden. This creates a breezeway effect and good cross ventilation throughout the house.
Extensively renovated to add an upper floor, the bungalow retains all of its original colonial details, including hand carved panelled jackwood doors, window shutters and delicate timber friezes set in deep arched reveals above the windows and doors. This has the effect of allowing a soft light to penetrate the bungalow.
On the ground floor, the main bedroom has a king-size four-poster bed with mosquito net, a small writing desk, overhead fan and an air conditioner. There is an ensuite bath/shower room and separate vanity /toilet room. The ensuite bathroom has a large two-person bath and separate walk-in shower whilst the vanity room has a hand beaten, polished brass vanity basin and built-in wardrobe.
The ground floor also has a sitting room with a large, comfortable built-in seating nook, large size, cable 3D Smart television, DVD player and a large movie collection.
Upstairs there are 2 separate, light and bright, loft bedrooms with shuttered walls which overlook the central area of the ground floor. One up-stairs bedroom is furnished with a queen-size, four-poster bed, a writing desk and a small antique clothes closet. The second bedroom contains two four-poster beds with mosquito netting (a queen size and a super-single size) and a small antique cloths closet. Each upper bedroom has its own ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower and polished terrazzo walls.
Terms & Conditions
- Rates are valid 30th November 2019 and subject to change thereafter
- All rates are in US $. This include basic room rate, Breakfast,10% Service charge, 2% NBT, 2% City Taxes and 15% VAT .Additional $ 25 will be charged for a person when apply for half board and it will be $ 40 for full board
- All rooms are non smoking
- We are happy to welcome families with children. But maximum 2 young children allowed in any group booking, exception being in the case of full property rental ( This is so ensure a peaceful stay for other guests) For children under 10 free accommodation and breakfast. Baby cot is free.
- Maximum two guests in each Poolside pavilion, Grand Suite and Cave room and maximum seven guests in the Bungalow. Although an extra single bed can be provided if discussed in advance.Extra charge for children 11 to 17 years of old-is US $ 30, including breakfast. Extra charge for additional adult 18 years and above is US $ 40, including breakfast
- Supplementary cost of vehicle transport from Bandaranayake International Airport to Sergeant House : US $ 100 per van/ car each way
- Check-out time 1200 hrs mid day, and check-in time is from 1400 hrs. Late check out time can be arranged at the management discretion.
- Sergeant House has three up stairs rooms and a flight of steps at the main entrance. We are therefore not fully accessible to the handicapped.
- Clients take full responsibility for their own safety on the premises. This includes during use of swimming pool and with children at the lily pond.
Confirmation of bookings
- Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to arrival will be charged at 50% of the total cost
- Cancellations received between 1-14 days prior to arrival date will incur a charge of 100% of the total cost.
- No-shows and stays that are cut short will incur a 100% cancellation fee on the full room rate for the entire period booked.