This room flanks one side of the swimming pool terrace and sits on podium (four steps) above it. It has two verandahs: one facing the pool and a larger one oriented towards the lily pond and gardens. Both verandahs are furnished with large, comfortable, cushioned chairs and coffee tables for relaxation.
Inside, the room has a king-size four-poster bed with mosquito net, a built-in wardrobe, comfortable reading chair and ottoman, writing desk, overhead fans, a safe, tea service, small fridge, air conditioner, Wi-Fi and cable television. The room is also fully screened and shuttered with mahogany louvred doors and windows and finished with polished brass hardware. These screens and louvres allow perfect ventilation and privacy. The bathroom has a separate walk-in shower, separate toilet and vanity basin and is luxuriously appointed with contemporary fittings and an alabaster hand basin.
Terms & Conditions
- Rates are valid 30th November 2025 and subject to change thereafter
- All rates are in US $. This include basic room rate, Breakfast,10% Service charge. Additional $ 20 will be charged for a person when apply for half board and it will be $ 35 for full board
- All rooms are non smoking
- We are happy to welcome families with children. But maximum 2 young children allowed in any group booking, exception being in the case of full property rental (This is so ensure a peaceful stay for other guests) For children under 10 free accommodation and breakfast. Baby cot is free.
- Maximum two guests in each Poolside pavilion, Grand Suite and Cave room and maximum seven guests in the Bungalow. Although an extra single bed can be provided if discussed in advance.Extra charge for children 11 to 17 years of old-is US $ 30, including breakfast. Extra charge for additional adult 18 years and above is US $ 40, including breakfast
- Supplementary cost of vehicle transport from Bandaranayake International Airport to Sergeant House : US $ 100 per van/ car each way
- Check-out time 1200 hrs mid day, and check-in time is from 1400 hrs. Late check out time can be arranged at the management discretion.
- Sergeant House has three up stairs rooms and a flight of steps at the main entrance. We are therefore not fully accessible to the handicapped.
- Clients take full responsibility for their own safety on the premises. This includes during use of swimming pool and with children at the lily pond.
Confirmation of bookings
- Cancellations received less than 30 days prior to arrival will be charged at 50% of the total cost
- Cancellations received between 1-14 days prior to arrival date will incur a charge of 100% of the total cost.
- No-shows and stays that are cut short will incur a 100% cancellation fee on the full room rate for the entire period booked.